There are acres of wilderness in this part of California and plenty of ways to enjoy it. We have information about wildlife in the Mother Lode and what to do if you see a local bear or mountain lion. The Sierra Nevada hills are stunningly beautiful, we never tire of exploring it!
- Plan your visit here, the “Gateway to California’s Gold Country.”
- The Mother Lode provides an absolutely beautiful setting for memorable events.
- There are numerous rugged and scenic places to enjoy backpacking, biking, fishing, and some extreme whitewater rafting.
- Locals explore with off highway vehicle (ATV, rock crawler or snowmobile).
- Relax at a lake, in a fishing boat, kayak, or houseboat, or cut through the water on water skis!
The Mother Lode has an unbeatable combination of breathtaking scenery, thrilling activities, and relaxing hideaways to explore.