Up to Date Information: For breaking news, listen to KVML (1450AM and FM102.7), KZSQ (Star 92.7FM) or KKBN (93.5FM) for fire alerts and more in depth fire information on myMotherLode.com
To Report a Fire, call 911 they will determine quickly what department to notify and help to dispatch aid to the location efficiently.
Burn Day and Permit Information: Click here for Burn day information
myMotherLode Fire Directory
Communities in the Mother Lode are especially vulnerable to wildfire, it’s important to be prepared. MyMotherLode.com was the source for local information during the 2013 Rim Fire and the 2015 Butte Fire, also in Mariposa the 2017 Detwiler Fire and one year later the Ferguson Fire, Donnell Fire, and Boot Fire.
The links below will give you some tools and practical information about reducing the risk of wildfire for your home and family. By respecting the defensible space rules, planning evacuation routines in advance and you can do a lot to protect your property and loved ones from wildfire.
- A History of Californaia Wildfires Interactive Map pre-1950 to 2018 CPR/Sac State
- CALFIRE Statewide Incident Maps
- CALFIRE Google Maps
- Inci Web
- USDA Forest Service Active FireMaps
- GeoMAC from USGS
- NIFC National Ineragency Fire Center
- CALFire Aviation Guide
- FHSZ (Fire Hazard Severity Zone) Tuolumne
- FRAP (Fire and Resource Assessment Program with State (SRA) vs Federal Responsibility Area (FRA)) Tuolumne
- FHSZ Calaveras
- FRAP map Calaveras
- FHSZ Mariposa
- FRAP map Mariposa