- Serves: 5
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: N/A minutes
On Jan. 6 it was Natl. ‘Bean Day’… we love our legumes…. right? They are good for you and with so many things you can do with them, beans are a very versatile item to have on hand!
Here is a great recipe to share with your friends and family.
|1-2||cloves minced garlic|
|2||cans||white kidney beans (drained & rinsed)|
- Place all ingredients in food processor (or I used my handy dandy ‘Magic Bullet’) and Blend till smooth.
- Scoop into a dip bowl, and stir in chopped oregano.
- Enjoy with pita chips…or tortilla chips!
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 10 minutes
A delectable layered spread for any special occasion made with feta and cream cheese, pesto, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. Vodka or gin may be substituted for the vermouth. Looks beautiful on the table, tastes heavenly on your tongue! Serve with crackers or even bread!
This makes a BIG portion, you might consider cutting the recipe in half or making two smaller tortes (which is what I did… that way everyone isn’t crowded around the ONE plate!!)
|3/4||lb||feta cheese, crumbled|
|1||80z||package cream cheese, softened|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|3||Tbsp||dry vermouth (I used Vodka and it was great)|
|ground white pepper, to taste|
|1/2||tsp||pine nuts, toasted**|
|1||cup||chopped sun-dried tomatoes|
**Toasting Pine Nuts (Pine nuts will burn easily if you are not careful!!)
Oven Method: Spread nuts on a baking sheet & bake at 375, Stirring Occasionally, until golden brown 5-10 minutes.
Skillet Method: Put the nuts in a dry skillet & cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently… about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the butter, feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, shallot, vermouth(or vodka or gin), and white pepper. Process until smooth.
- Oil a medium bowl, or gelatin mold, and line with plastic wrap for easy removal. Layer the dip into the mold as follows: Sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, cheese mixture. Repeat. Pat down into the mold, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Turn the dip out onto a serving plate, and remove plastic wrap. Serve with crackers.