Coronavirus Tuolumne/Calaveras News Updates
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, stay home, away from others, and monitor your health. Keep an eye out for symptoms of COVID-19. If you develop any, self-isolate and schedule a COVID-19 test.
Are you waiting for COVID-19 test results? Here’s what to do to stop the spread of germs:
If you have symptoms of COVID-19:
1. Stay home. Do not go to work, school, or any other place outside the home.
2. Stay away from other people in your home. As much as possible, stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom.
3. Wear a face mask if you need to be around other people in your household and stay 6 feet away.
4. Avoid sharing food, dishes, drinking glasses, eating utensils, towels, or bedding. After use, wash with soap and water. Clean all frequently touched surfaces daily- door handles, light switches, faucets…
5. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use 60% to 95% alcohol hand sanitizer.
6. Monitor your symptoms. If your symptoms get worse or you need medical care, contact your doctor or local clinic. Call ahead before going in. If you need immediate medical attention, please call ahead and go to Rapid Care or the Emergency Department: Adventist Health Triage Line at 209-536-5166 Mon-Fri, or 209-536-5000 after hours.
If you do not have symptoms, BUT you know you have been exposed:
Do everything listed above!
If you do not have symptoms, AND you do not have reason to believe you have been directly exposed to COVID-19:
- If you can, stay home from work, school, or other settings while you wait for your results.
- If you have to go out, stay at least 6 feet from other people, wear a mask or cloth face covering, and wash your hands often.
- If public health workers have told you that you should stay home because you had contact with a person known to have COVID-19, continue to follow their instructions and stay home.
You can learn more about quarantine and isolation here.
People with COVID-19 have reported a wide range of symptoms up to 14 days after exposure, which is why it is important to fulfill the entire 14-day quarantine, even if you test negative early in quarantine.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
If you are experiencing symptoms, self-isolate in your home, away from others, and schedule a COVID-19 test.
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
County data is reviewed weekly and tiers are updated on Tuesdays. To move forward, a county must meet a lower tier’s criteria for three consecutive weeks. If a county’s metrics worsen for two consecutive weeks, it will be assigned a more restrictive tier. One measure to move from Orange Tier to Red Tier for small population counties like Tuolumne is to have 21 new cases for two consecutive weeks. The purple widespread risk tier if there are over 42 cases for two consecutive weeks, details are here.
Important Numbers & Websites
If you are feeling anxious, stressed, lonely, or sad, hotline that operates 24/7 to provide crisis counseling: 1-800-985-5990 Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health Tip Sheet here
- CDC’s Stress & Coping Guide
- Natl Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Natl Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- No-cost state testing site is open at Sonora’s Mother Lode Fairgrounds 7am to 7pm. Register & Schedule here https://lhi.care/covidtesting
- Free flu shots Tuesday at Tuolumne Health Dept 20111 Cedar Rd, Sonora, CA 95370 from 8:30-11:30 a.m. (age 2+) Call 209-533-7401
- Modified Tuolumne County Dept Hours
Volunteer to help or ask for help in Tuolumne Couty at LoveTuolumneCounty.org
- COVID-19 call center open Mon-Fri 9-5 (209) 533-7440
- COVID-19 related scams learn more here
- Find a local coronavirus testing site
- TCSO Non-Emergency: (209) 533-5815
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Resources
- Calaveras peer support (209) 754-6807 or (209) 754-2805, Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm.
- Tuolumne Hopeline (209) 533-7991 Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm
- California Peer Run Warm Line (855) 845-7415
- Alzheimer’s Foundation Helpline: (866) 232-8484
- Scanner 911
- Adventist Health COVID line: (209) 536-5166 or (209) 536-5000
- 24/7 Adventist Health Sonora symptom checker
- Mark Twain Medical Center info here
|Tier 3: Substantial|
||Active||New Cases (Total)||Hospital/ ICU (may include non-residents)||Released (presumed Non-Infectious total)||Deaths|
|4||1 (51)||2||4 (47)||0|
|65||27 (487)||8||28 (407)||15|
|16||8 (139)||5||10 (121)||2|
|All Retail, Malls
Common areas must be closed, 25% capacity
|Museums, Restaurants, Places Of Worship
At 25% capacity or 100 people, depending on which is fewer.
|Gyms & Fitness Centers
Must be at 10% capacity
|Open Indoors Personal Care Services, Hair Salons, & Barbers With Modifications|
|BARS, WINERIES, BREWERIES, ETC.
Not allowed unless meals are offered, Wineries outdoor only with modifications
|Tier 4: Widespread|
|County||Active||New Cases (Total)||Hospital/ ICU||New (Total Recovered)||Deaths|
|75||48 (498)||6||23 (401)||22|
|1,016||56 (6,346)||18||17 (5,22744)||86|
|1,619||106 (12,106)||61||109 (10,480)||182|
|49||1 (549)||NA||0 (473)||3|
San Joaquin 12/1
|1,471||389 (26,064)||138/28||283 (23,800)||510|
|1,956||237 (22,399)||200/43||466 (20,015)||4268|
|213||20 (1,055)||12||11 (818)||8|
All Retail except standalone grocers, Malls (Common areas & food courts closed)
Restaurants, Museums, Places Of Worship, Gyms & Fitness Centers
|All Levels- Critical/essential Infrastructure always open with modifications.|
|Personal Care Services, Hair Salons, & Barbers Open With Modifications|
|BARS, WINERIES, BREWERIES, ETC. Amusement Parks,
Not allowed unless meals are offered, Wineries and cardrooms outdoor only with modifications, Offices Remote