Coronavirus Tuolumne/Calaveras News Updates
After Tuolumne County’s Phase 3 openings a spike in news cases lead the health officer to state the county is no longer in the containment stage of the pandemic as detailed here. Calaveras County has also had an alarming spike in new cases as detailed here.
Click a category to view the full list of stories:
- July 3 Independence Day Will Look Different Across Mother Lode
- June 24 BOR Opens Natural Bridges Trail, Tuttletown Day Rec And Camping
- June 24 Columbia Cancels Fourth Of July Festival
- June 22 Public Health Heat Advisory Issued With Tips To Stay Safe
- (visit our Coronavirus archive here)
- April 16 Per the Tuolumne County D.A: resources on virtual volunteering:
- How to Virtually Volunteer: https://createthegood.aarp.org/volunteer-ideas/virtual.html
- Virtual Volunteerism: https://www.pointsoflight.org/global-volunteer-month/
- Volunteer Opportunities Search: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/virtual
- April 3 Additional Roads Closed In Stanislaus National Forest To Reduce Gatherings
- Wilderness permits required for overnight camping are not being issued at this time.
- In the Mariposa area, the roads leading to Travertine Hot Springs, Buckeye Hot Springs, Whitmore Hot Springs and Bodie State Park are closed. Caltrans Road Closure Info is here.
- MyMotherLode Features
- Our Scanner 911 here has a Police Scanner and a Fire Scanner.
- Watch Washington Street looking north Watch Washington Street looking south
- Our two Eye in the Sky webcams and the list of more local webcams here.
- TUD Board Meetings streaming here when in session.
- T.C. Board of Supervisors Meetings streaming here when in session.
- List Business Info in our Classifieds here.
- Things You Can Do From Home On MyMotherLode blog here.
- Our Community Event Page is here, submit a cancellation or Add an Event here.
- All branches of the Tuolumne County Public Library are closed. All late charges for materials due during this time will be waived. The digital library is always open at https://ncdl.overdrive.com/
If you are feeling anxious, stressed, lonely, or sad, hotline that operates 24/7 to provide crisis counseling: 1-800-985-5990 Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health Tip Sheet here
- Natl Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Natl Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
|Alpine – 0||7/1||1 (+0)||0|
|Amador – 13||7/3||18 (+6)||0|
|Calaveras – 35||7/2||18 (+1)||0|
|Mariposa – 8||7/2||18 (+0)||1|
|Madera – 238||7/3||335 (+0)||5|
|Merced – 708||7/3||564 (+43)||11|
|Mono – 9||7/4||36 (+1)||1|
|San Joaquin – 1,816||7/2||2222(+112)||55|
|Stanislaus – 436||7/3||2051 (+112)||44|
|Tuolumne – 30||7/2||13 (+3)||0|
Daily Overview Here *Active cases as reported by the county or recovered and deceased minus total, or for Merced, Mono and San Joaquin Counties a rolling 14-day total.
Important Numbers & Websites
- Be aware of covid-19 related scams learn more here
- Find a local coronavirus testing site
- TCSO Non-Emergency: (209) 533-5815
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Resources
- Calaveras Warmline peer support (209) 754-6807 or (209) 754-2805, Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm.
- Tuolumne Hopeline (209) 533-7991 Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm
- California Peer Run Warm Line 1-855-845-7415
- Alzheimer’s Foundation Helpline: (866) 232-8484
- Scanner 911
- Adventist Health COVID triage line: (209) 536-5166
- 24/7 Adventist Health Sonora chat tool and symptom checker
- Mark Twain Medical Center info here
- Tuolumne Co. Call Center (209) 533-7440
- Calaveras COVID-19 Hotline (209) 754-2896
- Merced Public Health (209) 381-1180
- Coronavirus Local News Story Timeline
- T. C. Schools Online Learning info
- Webcam Washington St North
- Webcam Washington St South