Sonora, CA — Hard working volunteers are wanted not to help, but to be honored for all their tireless support they freely give to the community. You can nominate outstanding volunteers and volunteer organizations to be honored at the 12th annual Heart of Tuolumne County Volunteer Awards Luncheon.
“Volunteers are priceless in nonprofit organizations,” says Donna Wilson, Executive Director of Sierra NonProfit Services. “They bring experience and skills that empower organizations to accomplish their mission and vision. Especially in hard economic times,” she emphasized, “volunteers bolster our community support systems.”
Below are five award categories:
● Lifetime Achievement Award – Awarded to an individual to honor a lifetime of volunteer service that has positively impacted our community.
● Extra Mile Award – This award is given to an individual who has made personal sacrifices to help our community.
● The Volunteer’s Champion Award – This award is for a nonprofit organization that does an outstanding job of supporting and recognizing their volunteers.
● Community Excellence Award – This award is given to a for profit business that promotes volunteerism among their employees and supports nonprofits in our community.
● Never Too Young Award – Awarded to a person between the ages of 6 and 16 who sees beyond themselves and works to improve our community.
The award luncheon will be held April 19 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Sonora Elks Lodge. The winners will get a gift basket, a plaque, and money to donate back to the nonprofit of their choice or pro bono hours.
Click here for a nomination form. You can also pick up a form at the Sonora library, all community service units of the sheriff’s department and Tuolumne County schools. The deadline to get your nomination in is March 6, 2013.
This year’s Judges will be Todd Stolp, M.D., Public Health Officer, Kelsey East, Clarke Broadcasting, Ben Hulet, President of Mother Lode and Gold Rush Internet, Barbara Broad, Groveland Area Involved Neighbors and Mark Dyken, Director of Jamestown Family Resource Center.