Columbia, CA — The search for the next Columbia College President is down to three candidates.
Prior to today’s community forum where the public can hear from the candidates, the Yosemite Community College District reports that two of the five candidates have withdrawn their applications.
The remaining candidates are Dr. Leslie Buckalew, Dr. Michael White and Dr. Angela Fairchilds.
The open to the public forum will be taking place today at the college’s Dogwood Forum. Dr. Buckalew will be there from 10am-10:45am, Dr. White from 12-12:45pm, and Dr. Fairchilds from 2-2:45pm.
A new President is expected to be selected by the end of the month. The finalists background information is listed below:
Dr. Leslie Buckalew
• Ed.D in Higher Education Administration, University of Southern California
• M.P.H. in Public Health Education, California State University, Northridge
• B.S. in Physiological Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara
• Interim President, Columbia College – Sonora, CA (2013-present)
• Vice President of Student Learning, Columbia College – Sonora, CA (2012-2013)
• Director and Instructor of Record for International Business Plan Graduate Career and Academic Advisor, Monterey Institute of International Studies – Monterey, CA (2009-2011)
• Dean of Instruction for Vocational Education, Hartnell College – Salinas, CA (1990-1997)
Dr. Michael White
• Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, California State University, Fresno
• M.S. in Physical Education, University of New Mexico
• B.A. in Political Science, University of California, Davis
• Vice President, Student Services, Reedley College – Reedley, CA (2013 – present)
• Interim President, Reedley College – Reedley, CA (2012-2013)
• Vice President of Student Services, Reedley College – Reedley, CA (2009-2012)
• Instructor, Coach, Department Chair – Reedley College – Reedley, CA (1990-2009)
Dr. Angela Fairchilds
• Ph.D. in Higher Education, University of Arizona
• M.B.A. in Information Systems, Golden Gate University
• B.S. in Management, Golden Gate University
• President, Woodland Community College – Woodland, CA (2006-present)
• Executive Dean, Woodland Community College – Woodland, CA (2004-2006)
• Dean of Instruction, Yavapai College – Prescott, AZ and Campus Dean, Verde Valley Campus – Clarkdale,AZ (2000-2004)