Clear
66.2 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Fires damage homes

Sponsored by:

A number of house fires in the Mother Lode over the weekend.

Saturday, a fire -started in the chimney flue – ended up causing $100,000 damage to a double wide mobile home on the 19,000 block of Rough and Ready Trail in Sonora. That fire near Racetrack Road was reported around 1 p.m. and displaced a woman renter. Fire officials say the woman escaped injury, but her three cats and one dog perished in the blaze. Firefighters were able to save some collectibles and possessions.

Sunday evening, Calaveras County firefighters called to a fire in a home in the Dorrington area on Shoshoni Drive. No word yet on amount of damage. That fire reported at 5:30 p.m. yesterday evening.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback