Barretta St. Fire Was The Second In Two Days
Sonora, Ca — For two days in a row, Sonora firefighters have responded to fire calls at a home in the 300 block of S. Barretta. St.
On Thursday evening, firefighters were dispatched to the home owned by Steve Melen because a cigarette caused blaze started in a planter box. The fire spread to some nearby decorative bark before it was extinguished.
At two o´clock this afternoon a 50 x 50 ft. vegetation fire broke out on the land adjacent to the home. Sonora Fire Captain Craig Peterson says it was likely a “rekindle” from last night´s fire.
Peterson says that because the fires were accidental, no citations were issued to the homeowner.
Written by BJ Hansen