Clear
70.0 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Cigarette Caused Deadly Structure Fire

Sponsored by:

Jamestown, Ca — Fire Investigators have concluded that a cigarette caused last night´s residential structure fire in the 8900 block of French Flat Rd.

?The determination was that it was an accidental start, caused by a cigarette that burned a mattress,? says Lisa Williams of CAL Fire.

There was one confirmed fatality as a result of the fire, and the remains have yet to be officially identified by the Coroner´s office. Neighbors and relatives, however, have identified the deceased as 58-year-old Daniel C. Lowe.

Williams says it is unknown how the victim became trapped in the residence, and why he was not able to escape. The fire started at 6:41pm, and spread to a couple acres of nearby vegetation before being extinguished.

Written by BJ Hansen

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback