86.9 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Avoid Unwrapping A Disaster

Sponsored by:

Sonora, CA — The countdown has begun for the start of the annual opening of Christmas presents.  However, ripping and tearing apart the wrappings to reveal your gift could be dangerous, if you fling the paper near that holiday hearth.

Sonora Police Chief Mark Stinson offers this Christmas morning safety tip.  “You always want to keep loose items, such as wrapping paper, decorations away from open flames, stoves, candles and heaters because those are combustible items and they will start fires.”

Also, fire officials add, avoid placing wrapping paper into fireplaces as it can cause build up in the chimney and cause a flue fire.

  • Mother Lode Gifts