Sonora, CA — The Sonora Police Department is reminding all motorists that there will be no parking allowed on Washington Street for Friday’s parade.
The no parking restriction takes effect at 2pm, Friday, between the Red Church and Toby Street. There will also be parking restrictions in place along many of the side streets.
The parade itself will start at 5:30pm. The staging area for the parade will be in front of Sonora High School.
The Tuolumne County Transit’s Holiday Trolley will run from 9am-9pm, on Friday. There will be pick-up and drop off locations in the downtown area. Click here to find more information.
The parade will result in some marked detours around the downtown area. Additional information about street closures is provided below by the Sonora Police Department:
• School Street will be closed from 2:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Washington Street will be closed to “ALL” traffic from the intersection of Snell Street to the intersection of Hospital Road from 5:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Restano Way will be closed from 5:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Stockton Road will be closed to “ALL” traffic at the intersection of S. Green Street and Stockton Road from 5:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Southbound traffic on Washington St. will be detoured onto Elkin St., then onto Stewart Street, then up Mono Way.
• Northbound traffic on Washington St. will be detoured up Hospital Road to Mono Way and down Mono Way onto Stewart Street, then onto Elkin and back onto Washington St.
• Eastbound traffic on Stockton Road will be stopped at Green Street and turned around to the detour route, which is Forest Rd., to Bonanza St., then to Highway 49.