Yosemite Looking To Increase Camping Fees
Yosemite, CA — The price to camp in Yosemite National Park would go up under a plan released by the National Park Service.
Yosemite spokesperson Jamie Richards relays that 80-percent of campground fees collected in Yosemite are retained by the park and the additional revenue will support current and future maintenance and renovation projects.
Future projects include upgrades to the shower and restroom facilities at Camp 4 Campground, restoration of native plants at natural and cultural resource sites, rehabilitation of vault toilet facilities parkwide, and the replacement of signs throughout the park.
The proposed fee changes are listed below:
- Camp 4 Campground
- 2020 fee: $6.00 per person | 2021 proposed fee: $10.00 per person
- Family Sites in Reservation Campgrounds (this includes Upper, Lower, North Pines, Wawona, Bridalveil Creek, Crane Flat, Hodgdon Meadow and Tuolumne Meadows Campgrounds)
- 2020 fee: $26.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $36.00 per site
- Family Site Campgrounds when First-Come, First-Served (this includes Wawona and Hodgdon Meadow during the Winter Season and White Wolf)
- 2020 fee: $18.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $26.00 per site
- Primitive, First-Come, First-Served Campgrounds (this includes Tamarack Flat, Yosemite Creek, and Porcupine Flat)
- 2020 fee: $12.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $20.00 per site
- Group Campsites (30-person occupancy)
- 2020 fee: $50.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $75.00 per site
- Stock Campsites (these sites are located at Wawona, Bridalveil Creek, and Tuolumne Meadows Campgrounds)
- 2020 fee: $30.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $50.00 per site
- Double Sites (12-person occupancy)
- 2020 fee: $36.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $60.00 per site
- Backpacker Sites
- 2020 fee: $6.00 per site | 2021 proposed fee: $8.00 per site
Yosemite National Park is accepting public comments on the proposed fee increases through July 10, 2021. Comments can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These proposed fee increases are slated to take effect this October.