Quantcast
help information
Clear
88.9 ° F
Full Weather

Oily Smoke Causes Stink for County Officials

Overheated oil from a faulty elevator motor was the cause for alarm at the Francisco Building in downtown
Sonora, shortly after eight o´clock Friday morning. Fire crews and county maintenance workers were dispatched to the scene after acrid smoke escaped into
the elevator shaft and a nearby stairwell, forcing the evacuation of the building´s employees. The workers were allowed back in the building by ten
o´clock.