Quantcast
help information
Partly Cloudy
70.3 ° F
Full Weather

Be Wary Of Mushrooms

State officials are warning people not to eat those mushrooms popping up all over the place now that the rainy

season is here.

Health Director Diana Bonta says such wild mushrooms can be extremely dangerous – especially the innocent-looking death cap.

Bonta says you should never eat a wild mushroom unless it has been inspected by experts.

Over the past decade, many Californians have been hospitalized and two have died after eating poisonous wild mushrooms they thought were safe.

Even if they don´t kill you – eating such mushrooms can cause abdominal pain, cramping, vomiting and liver damage.

Individuals who develop symptoms after eating wild mushrooms should immediately contact the California Poison Control System at 1-800-8-POISON.