Clear
82 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Students Do Poorly In Testing

Sponsored by:

Reports show more than half of the state´s high school students failed the math and English sections of the high school graduation test given this spring. That means they´ll have seven chances to retake the test. A 1999 law requires students to pass the test before graduating, starting with the class of 2004.

Results from the first batch of students subject to that requirement were released on Monday.

Critics say the test is unfair to low-income and minority students. Only about 30 percent of black and Hispanic students passed the test. On the other hand, 70 percent of Asian students and 65 percent of white students passed the test.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback