Sunny
72.5 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Bookstore Burns In Murphys Friday

Sponsored by:

A fire last night in the Murphys area caused massive damage to a bookstore there.

It happened at Sasha´s Reading Room about 10:30pm last night.

Dispatchers with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection say damage is estimated at 175 thousand dollars.

The cause of the fire may have been a candle burning, although investigators plan to be at the scene again today to investigate in the daylight.

There are no reports of any injuries related to the fire.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback