Flue Fire Causes Over $10,000 in Damage
Fire crews had to respond to a house fire on Morris Road at Tuolumne Road on Thursday night.
Officials say it started with a damaged flue, and became an attic fire. Damage is estimated at ten to fifteen thousand dollars, but it could have been much worse. 200-thousand dollars in property was saved thanks to the rapid response of fire crews. Six engines responded between CDF and the Tuolumne Fire Protection District.
Officials say this is a reminder: it´s a good idea to get your flue cleaned professionally. A chimney sweeper is often able to identify a damaged flue before a fire can get out of hand.