Coulterville, CA — Mother Lode residents are breathing a sigh of relief that a 68 acre vegetation fire in the Coulterville/Greely Hill area was contained before making its way into Groveland.
CDF officials say the blaze started Thursday at 7:30pm and although structures were threatened, due to the quick actions taken by firefighters, no structures were lost or damaged.
Reports indicate the fire was caused by electrical arching from a ground wire. CDF would like to remind all residents that a 100 foot clearance around all structures is not only a wise fire safe measure, it is the law. The fire was contained early Friday morning.
Written by Sabrina Sabbagh