Columbia, CA — A Saturday morning fire stuck a doublewide mobile home at the Gold Rush Mobile Home Park.
One man was treated and released from Tuolumne General Hospital with second and third degree burns on his hands. He has temporarily been displaced. A faulty generator has been listed as the cause of the blaze amounting to $20,000 damage.
A second fire hit the same mobile home park Sunday morning at 1:19. Cause of that fire was an improperly installed stove. A smoke alarm alerted the residents to the fire. Total damage has been estimated at $10,000. Three people were displaced.
The C.D.F.-Tuolumne Fire District responded to both fires.
Written by Bill Johnson