Quantcast
help information
Clear
78.1 ° F
Full Weather

Polls: Spiritual Peace And The Force

A recent myMotherLode poll asked “Do you feel a deep sense of “spiritual peace and well-being” often?” The informal poll was posted for 24 hours and received 342 votes.  The results were No with 57 percent of the votes and Yes the other 43 percent.

In November the Pew Research Center reported a survey where six-in-ten adults said they regularly feel a deep sense of “spiritual peace and well-being,” up 7 percentage points since 2007. And 46 percent of Americans say they experience a deep sense of “wonder about the universe” at least once a week, also up 7 points over the same period.

The Pew survey was of more than 35,000 adults in the United States. They also reported the percentages who say they believe in God, pray daily and regularly go to church or other religious services all have declined modestly in recent years, but there is also great deal of stability in the religious landscape.

The other informal myMotherLode poll asked, “Are You Going To See Star Wars: The Force Awakens?” with 52 percent voting probably not, but 11 percent voting to see it opening week. The Associated Press has voted to give ‘Star Wars’ their Entertainer of the Year Award. They report the movie made an astronomical $248 million debut at the box office last weekend, breaking the recently set record for biggest debut in North America by “Jurassic World.”

AP also reports “The Force Awakens” is already amassing support for Academy Awards consideration, and on the short list for a visual effects nomination with 9 other films.  Tom O’Neil, editor-in-chief of Gold Derby, a site that handicaps Hollywood awards and other events, is hopeful that it will be among the best picture candidates when the Oscar nominations are announced Jan. 14. He also wouldn’t be shocked if Harrison Ford is recognized for reprising his role as Han Solo and composer John Williams earns his 50th nomination for the film’s score. A brief overview of the movie (with no spoilers) and the movie trailer is in our Entertainment section here.