Smoke Alert Issued
Tuolumne County, CA — Tuolumne County Public Health Department has issued a smoke alert to sensitive groups due to the smoke from the Power Fire in the Beardsley area. Health Officials say most healthy adults will not be affected by the limited smoke exposure. They say smoky conditions can be hazardous for young children, the elderly, individuals with heart conditions or chronic lung disease such as asthma and bronchitis, and individuals with other respiratory ailments.
The Health Department has put out the alert to warn people in the sensitive group who live near the fire and are seeing smoke to monitor changing smoke levels.
Health Officials give this advice:
- Stay indoors and limit their activity if necessary
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Follow your asthma management plan
- Keep house windows and doors closed
- Set air conditioners to re-circulate air if possible
- Reduce indoor air pollutants caused by tobacco smoke
- Avoid vacuuming and using paints and solvents
- Consider relocating temporarily if possible
If you have symptoms such as chest pain, chest tightness, shortness of breath, or severe fatigue they urge you to call your doctor immediately.