Clear
94.3 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Death Cap Mushroom Near Fatal For Man

Sponsored by:

A 24-year-old Salinas man was given a new liver at U.C. San Francisco Medical Center on Christmas day after eating poison mushrooms. Hospital officials say the man almost died after eating lethal “death cap” mushrooms he picked along a road. The man said he thought they were an edible kind he remembered had grown in his native Mexico.

The man asked that his name not be released. His doctors say he should make a full recovery with the donated organ.

Mushroom experts point out that during heavy rains, mushrooms pop up all over. They suggest that you do not pick or eat them.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback