59.5 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Firefighters Find More Than Flames

Sponsored by:

When Modesto Fire Department firefighters arrived at the scene of a house fire early Monday morning, they found more than flames and smoke.

When they entered the home on Burns Court they discovered a large sophisticated marijuana cultivation with about 200 mature pot plants. Authorites say the operation was essentially automatic and apparently no one lived in the house.

Fire officals beleive the blaze was started by an over heat electrical line which had been tapped into the local power company´s power line. Firefighters saved the residence. Police are looking for the person who was renting the house.

The growing equipment in the home is estimated to be at least $10,000 and the pot plants valued in the tens of thousands of dollars