Fire Damage Held To Minimum
A quick call to 911 and rapid response by firefighters last night helped keep damage to a minimum in a Jamestown mobile home.
Tuolumne County fire spokesperson Deb Fish says units were called to the 17000 block of Highway 108 across from Hurst Ranch around 11:30 p.m. last night after a flue fire spread to the roof of the double wide mobile.
Fire officials say the wood stove was new and they believe faulty installation may be to blame for the blaze.
Fish says the family heard unusual noise from the stove which alerted them to the fire. Damage is estimated at $5,000. There were no injuries.