Careless Smoking Cause Of Blaze
Fire completely destroyed a home on the 20,000 block of Misty Lane at Stag Circle in Ponderosa Hills this morning.
Fire department spokeswoman Debra Kenan says careless smoking is the cause for the blaze. The use of medical oxygen contributed to the fire´s rapid spread.
The 2-story house was fully involved in flames when fire units first got on the scene at 8 a.m. this morning and the fire had spread into the surrounding trees and brush. CDF´s helicopter from the Columbia Air Attack Base was called in to help fight the wildland fire.
Kenan says four people were in the home at the time the blaze broke out…but they got out of the house safely. She said one person suffered very minor burns and singed hair.
Fire officials estimating the loss to the 15,000 square-foot home and contents at $325,000 to $350,000.
Neighbors and the local American Red Cross have responded to help aid the family.