Sunny
94.1 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Electrical Malfunction Caused Bombay Restaurant Fire

Sponsored by:

Sonora, CA — The Sonora Fire Department has determined that an electrical malfunction caused Tuesday’s fire at the Bombay Restaurant.

Fire Chief Mike Barrows says it originated on the ground floor near the area connecting the kitchen and dining area.

“It was definitely wiring, and it appears it was behind a sub-panel,” says Barrows. “The insurance company will now make their own determination on what caused the electrical wire to overheat and cause the fire.”

Barrows says the Fire Department has closed out its investigation as it appears accidental.

Written by bjhansen@mlode.com.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback