Quantcast
help information
Overcast
69.8 ° F
Full Weather

Pinole Boy Bitten By Rattlesnake

A 14-month-old Pinole boy bitten by a rattlesnake in his backyard is in stable condition at Children´s Hospital.

Hospital spokeswoman Carol Hyman says the boy was moved from the intensive care unit to a regular room this morning.

The Pinole Fire Department says the snake bit him yesterday on his right thumb. Firefighters found the snake behind some garden pots and killed it.

Fire Captain Brian Larry says young, immature snakes, like the one that bit the boy, are particularly dangerous because they don´t regulate how much venom they release in a single bite.