Clear
56.8 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Electrical Malfunction Cause Of Deadly Fire

Sponsored by:

Sonora, CA — CAL Fire investigators and the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office have determined that an electrical malfunction was the cause of a deadly fire last Wednesday evening on South Fork Rd. in the Twain Harte area.

According to Sgt. A.J. Ford the fire was accidental in nature due to insufficient wiring to the water heater.

67 year old Michela Lee Maxwell perished in the fire that completely destroyed her home.

The 911 call was received at 9:23pm. The response included crews from CAL Fire, Tuolumne County Fire Department and Twain Harte Fire.

The fire was controlled shortly after midnight.

Written by bill.johnson@mlode.com

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback