Brown Signs Bills Into Law
Sacramento, CA — Several bills were signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown.
Brown is Tuesday’s KVML Newsmaker of the Day. Below is a list of all the bills that received the Governor’s signature yesterday. The one that has captured the most attention statewide is AB 1266, which allows transgender students to pick which school restroom they would like to use. You can find more details about the specific bills by clicking here.
• AB 61 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Silver Lake) – Parking: parking meters.
• AB 163 by Assemblymember Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) – Sales and use taxes exemption: military thrift store.
• AB 226 by Assemblymember Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) -Classified employees: school police: workweek.
• AB 265 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Silver Lake) – Local government liability: dog parks.
• AB 372 by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman (D-Stockton) -Civil service: veterans’preference in hiring.
• AB 383 by Assemblymember Donald P. Wagner (R-Irvine)- Maintenance of the codes.
• AB 392 by Assemblymember Reginald Jones-Sawyer (D-Los Angeles) – State mandates: prorated claims.
• AB 464 by Assemblymember Tom F. Daly (D-Anaheim)- Vital records.
• AB 493 by Assemblymember Tom F. Daly (D-Anaheim) -Toll facilities.
• AB 643 by Assemblymember Mark Stone (D-Scotts Valley)- Public schools: pupil records: confidentiality.
• AB 824 by Assemblymember Brian W. Jones (R-Santee)- Written agreements: exclusion of evidence.
• AB 984 by Assemblymember Ed Chau (D-Monterey Park) – The California Housing Finance Agency.
• AB 1058 by Assemblymember Rocky Chávez (R-Oceanside) -San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.
• AB 1160 by Assemblymember Donald P. Wagner (R-Irvine) – Decedents’estates: personal representative.
• AB 1266 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) – Pupil rights: sex-segregated school programs and activities.
• AB 1404 by the Committee on Judiciary – Real property: boundaries.
• AB 1427 by the Committee on Local Government- Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000.
• SB 292 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-Hayward)- Employment: sexual harassment.
• SB 488 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) -Substandard housing: regulations.
• SB 546 by Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-Los Angeles) – Education employment: termination: hearing.
• SB 581 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) – School bonds: bond accountability.