Some excitement this morning at the Tuolumne County Francisco Building on Yaney Street. Sonora Fire
Chief Mike Barrows says a motor in the elevator overheated shortly after 8 O´Clock, and a container of lubricating oil started pouring acrid smoke into the
elevator shaft and a nearby stairwell. The smoke filled the indoor parking garage as well.
Employees have been allowed back into their offices now, and
crews will continue to ventilate the area until the oil cools completely.
If you have business at the Francisco building in the near future, plan on using the