What are some general ways to reduce my health risks?
There are many simple ways to reduce your risk factors in your everyday life.
– Drink plenty of water each day, unless you are on restriction
– Add movement to your life
– Sleep six to ten hours a night, or until you are well rested
– Think positively
– Take time to relax
– Wash your hands often to prevent the spread of germs
– Get your flu and pneumonia vaccines as recommended
– Eat a large variety of fresh fruits and veggies every day, the more richly colored the better, unless directed otherwise
– Quit smoking
– Limit alcohol consumption
– Laugh. Let humor enter your life. One of the easiest ways of being healthier is to find a way to relax and have more fun.
– Find a way to bring joy into your life. Find a way to smile and help others smile
– Lose weight if you are overweight. Even losing just a few pounds can reduce your health risks.