Senior Health Articles
Senior Health / General
- Glaucoma: How healthy habits might help lower your risk
- What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are considered normal signs of aging?
- I’ve had a wound for almost a year. Why won’t it heal?
Senior Health / Advance Health Care Directive
- How do I create an advance directive and how can I be sure my advance directive will be honored should that time come?
- Does the POLST form replace an advanced health care directive?
- How can a POLST form be helpful to me or my loved one?
- have been hearing about a legal document for advance health care planning called a POLST form. What is it?
- Who should have advance health care directives?
- What are advance directives?
- What does advance health care planning include?
- What is advance health care planning?
Senior Health / Home Health
- Can patients receive long-term care at home? Does long-term care insurance cover home care?
- My aunt needs daily care, options besides a nursing home?
- What kind of health services can be provided in the home?
- What might require home health services, any specific requirements?
- When is a patient released from home health? Who pays for home health services?
- Who provides home health services? Can friends and family participate in the care of a home health patient?
- When is a patient referred for home health services?
- What is the role of a medical director with a home health agency?
Senior Health / Hospice
- Are there any specific tips for coping with grief during the holidays?
- What are the symptoms of grief?
- What is the first thing you should say to someone who has suffered the loss of a loved one?
- Who pays for hospice services?
- How are friends and family typically involved with the care of a hospice patient?
- Where do patients receive hospice care?
- Who provides hospice care?
- Are there any specific requirements that patients must meet to receive hospice services?
- When is a patient referred for hospice care?
- What is hospice?