5 tips to install a gazebo – do it yourself
Are you looking for a separate space to have breakfast with your family? Or are you looking for a separate place in the backyard to have some fun with your close friends?
You can think about installing a gazebo in the backyard or in the garden.
Gazebos are great as a special space. You can select from different gazebo designs, styles and shapes depending on home architecture and your personal choice. Even if you want to buy a ready to use Gazebo, you can customize it to fit your space and choice. For example you can opt for different screens and flooring materials apart from shapes and roof. At the same time you may also go for mix and match to find out the best combination.
However, a lot of people do not know where to install their gazebo and thus the gazebos do not add as much value as they could. Here are a few tips to help you decide the best location to install your gazebo.
- Location to install a Gazebo – Normally gazebos are placed in the backyard or at place surrounded with great scenic beauty. However, before buying a gazebo you should make sure that there is enough empty space which would eventually highlight the gazebo as a special attraction. This would also underline your individuality and lifestyle.
- Shape and Size of Gazebo – The shape of your gazebo should depend on the architecture of your house and the shape of the free space where you are thinking to install it. You may also consider the number of people you are thinking of accommodating together in that gazebo (for example a 10′ gazebo is comfortable for 4 people and a 12′ gazebo is good enough for 6 people). Depending on all these parameters, you can decide the shape and size of your gazebo. But make sure that there is enough empty space around the gazebo. Do not forget to measure the actual available space before you place an order.
- Water Source – If you want to install a normal gazebo, it is better to keep it away from water sources, or areas that may collect or store water. However, if you are planning to add a hot tub or spa in that gazebo, you must have a water source close to it. In that case you may think about buying a complete hot tub gazebo. The complete package will not only save some money, they are specially built to endure wet atmosphere.
- Permission – If you are planning to install a gazebo which is more then 100 sq. ft. in size, you should consult local municipality for proper permission. However, if the size is less than 100 sq. ft. they will not have any problem on zoning.
- Do it yourself gazebos – If you do not want to employ some professionals to install the gazebo, you may go for ‘