Tuolumne OES Seeking Info On Storm Damage
Saturday's tornado pano near Peoria Ridge Trailhead
Sonora, CA — Officials in Tuolumne County are seeking information from the public about damages witnessed during last week’s various storm systems. There was heavy rain last week, snow, and even a tornado.
The information could help determine if the county is eligible for federal disaster declarations. You can submit a form online that can be found here, or by calling 209-533-6395.
Anyone who was displaced by flooding or other storm impacts can call the American Red Cross at 1-844-236-0153 for help and assistance. The Tuolumne Resilience Center on Bay Avenue is no longer operating as an intake point for people impacted.
There are still a limited number of already-filled sandbags available. Should those supplies run out, please bring your own shovel and bags.
• Columbia – Airport parking lot @ 10723 Airport Rd (please look for the orange cones)
• Tuolumne – Filled bags available at Tuolumne City Fire Station on Main Street and
Tuolumne – Sand available 18870 Birch Street or at Parkview Ln and Chestnut Ave
• Jamestown – On the corner of 7th Ave and 8th St
• Big Oak Flat / Groveland area – 11242 Wards Ferry Rd
Public places that will be open this week to provide a place to go during the day:
• Sonora Main Library
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
480 Greenley Road Sonora, CA 95370
• Tuolumne and Twain Harte Library
• Groveland Library
• Behavioral Health Enrichment Center
101 Hospital Rd. Sonora, CA 95370
Lambert Community Center
Mon–Fri 11 a.m. – 2 pm
347 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370