help information
94.6 ° F
Full Weather

Who can treat me for a work injury?

Who can treat me for a work injury?

Any medical doctor, doctor of osteopathic medicine, chiropractor, podiatrist, dentist, or psychologist, provided the injury is within the scope of their practice as defined by California state law. Physician’s assistants and nurse practitioners may also provide medical care under the supervision of a physician.

The worker’s compensation system only allows one “Primary Treating Physician.” The primary treating physician coordinates all of your care and may refer you out to specialists for consultation and/or treatment.


Do all doctors take Workers’ Compensation cases?

Unfortunately no! Workers’ Compensation laws and insurance have complex regulations and reporting requirements that are difficult for medical providers to comply with unless they are dealing with them on a regular basis.

Health Categories

Cancer Care Cardiology Diabetes Featured Physicians General Medicine Health & Wellness Orthopedics Pediatrics Senior Health Women's Health