- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 50 minutes
I first heard about this Lasagna recipe from my friend Sharon Perras. I simply couldn’t wait to try it. So, thinking I had it committed to memory I made it. Well, mine was pretty good (even better on Day 2!).
But, after Sharon sent me the ACTUAL recipe I realized…my memory isn’t what it used to be! Here is the ACTUAL recipe and my version…(which might save you some $ and a few calories to boot!) in parentheses.
|1||medium||red or green bell pepper chopped|
|2||10 1/2oz||cans tomato soup|
|1||10 1/2oz||can enchilada sauce|
|4||egg whites lightly beaten (1 whole egg)|
|3||cups||fat free cottage cheese (1 1/2 cups and small tub of Mascarpone)|
|3||Tbsp||canned diced green chilies|
|4||cup||cooked chicken breast cut into bite size pieces|
|1 1/2||cup||reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded|
|1||cup||shredded monterey jack|
- Boil your lasagna noodles
- In a medium skillet fry: 1C chopped onion, 1 red or green bell pepper chopped, 2 cloves garlic. Mix in: 2 101/2 oz cans tomato soup, 1 10oz can enchilada sauce, 1T chili powder, 1tsp cumin, dash of pepper. This is your sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix together : 4 egg whites lightly beaten, 3C fat free cottage cheese, 1/3 C chopped parsley, 3T canned diced green chilies.
- 1 beaten whole egg with about 1 & 1/2 cups cottage cheese and a small tub of Mascarpone (Italian Cream Cheese) Just blob it on, here and there.
- 4C cooked chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 C reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1C shredded monterey jack
- About a cup or two of the Chicken and no extra cheese!!
Layer as follows:
- 1/2 cheese mixture
- 1/2 sauce
- 1/2 of each cheese
Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Enjoy !!