Maryann’s Potato Salad
- Serving Size: as a side dish 6 – 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Total Cooking time: N/A
Everyone loves a good old fashioned Potato Salad, right? Here’s my version…the pepperoncini’s are mylittle special addition.
|6-8||Peeled Potatoes *see below for peeling tip.|
|4-5||Hard boiled eggs|
|1- 1 1/2||cup||Bell Peppers (Red & Green)|
|1/2 – 1||cup||Celery|
|1/2 -1||can||Black Olives|
|1 Tbsp||to taste||Mayonnaise|
|to taste||Salt & Pepper|
- Remove skins from potatoes (see note below) dice, and mix with diced hard boiled eggs, chopped green onions, chopped peppers, chopped celery & chopped black olives. Proportions of each can vary depending on what you prefer.
- Stir in mayonnaise (1 tablespoon at a time), until your salad is the consistency you like…then drop a spoon into a jar of yellow mustard and shake off excess, whatever sticks to the spoon will be just enough to give your salad a little ‘zing’.
- Salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- *To remove the skins from your potatoes easily, simply score each potato around with a sharp knife. Drop into a pot of boiling salted water. Allow to boil for about 15 minutes. Remove, carefully with tongs and submerge into a bowl of ice-water. The skins should just slip right off. (Save those babies for fried potato skins, later!)