Moving Day Checklist
Whether you’re moving in or moving out, there’s no doubt that moving itself can be a complex process. But a good checklist can make moving day much easier, so here are 10 questions to ask before the big day arrives.
- Have you filled and transferred all prescriptions? Do you have sufficient supplies until you get to your new residence?
- If you have a pet, have you obtained a copy of all vaccination and other records?
- Have you contacted all utility companies to change billing information?
- Are you throwing out old batteries, paint or gasoline. These and similar items must be disposed of properly.
- Moving with young children? Make sure to have favorite toys and games available.
- Review the contents of your safety-deposit box and home safe. What’s the best way to move your valuables?
- Have you backed up your computer? Do you have several back-up copies in different places?
- Is your address book handy? Make certain it’s available during the moving process.
- Driving to your new home? Have your vehicles serviced before you move.
- Need new address forms? The Postal Service has packets so that mail can be automatically forwarded to your new address.
Written by Realty Times Staff www.RealtyTimescom. Copyright