BOSTON (AP) -- Apparently more than just valuable artwork is missing from the Boston Public… [more...]
- James Patterson launches children's imprint
- IMAX plans Hong Kong IPO for China unit
- Review: Jim Parsons can't save mindless 'An Act of God'
- Bush suggests literature, from Bible to historical thriller
- A.R. Gurney's 'Sylvia'heads to Broadway with Julie White
- NYC's Battery Park returns to its historic name: The Battery
The title reflects the 1955 future-focused section of Disneyland and the 1964 New York World’s Fair. Set in mordern times, a scientifically minded teen (Britt Robertson) discovers a technologically advanced trinket that provides her a glimpse of an astounding future. She enlists the help of a reclusive inventor (George Clooney) to make “Tomorrowland” a reality.
“For most of its running length, Tomorrowland is a sublime science fiction experience. The visuals are impressive, the mystery keeps us involved, and the characters are likeable. …I was enjoying the ride… until the final fifteen minutes.” ReelViews -James Berardinelli
“A big-budget, futuristic, effects-heavy, star-driven, fantasy-oriented, audience-friendly, beautifully made, would-be summer tentpole… not part of a franchise.” Todd McCarthy
Other Movie Reviews
Movie Industry News
DENVER (AP) -- 9:30 a.m. MDT
A technical glitch has interrupted attempts to show jurors in… [more...]
- Steve Martin reflects on his career as he receives AFI honor
- Gordon Levitt has high hopes for impact of 'Snowden'
- 'Friday' actor comedian Reynaldo Rey dies at 75
- Review: Dwayne comes to the rescue, but he forgot the script
- Review: Say goodbye, not hello, to Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha'
- Bill Irwin proud that 'Show Boat' will sail on movie screens
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Guest lineups for the Sunday TV news shows:
ABC's "This Week" -- Former… [more...]
- Order for Kelly Rutherford to bring children to US halted
- Unscripted TV stripped bare by scripted drama 'UnREAL'
- Biblical soap opera enjoying ungodly success in Brazil
- Son of 'Barney' co creator pleads no contest in shooting
- Michael King, innovative syndicator of 'Oprah,' dies at 67
- Hulu pulls '19 Kids' after allegations against Josh Duggar
Recording Industry News
HAVANA (AP) -- Pop star Rihanna drew a crowd Friday while cruising down Havana's Malecon… [more...]
- Thousands view B.B. King on eve of Mississippi funeral
- Aretha plans memorial for father, brother at Detroit church
- Suge Knight returns to court to try to dismiss murder case
- Who? Townshend, Springtseen, Daltrey jam at NYC event
- Hozier, Nick Jonas to perform at daytime iHeartRadio fest
- Tiesto, Steve Angello added to TomorrowWorld festival lineup