The outdoors is what the Mother Lode is known for. There are acres of untamed wilderness in this part of California and plenty of ways to enjoy it. We have information about the wildlife and what to do if you see a local bear or mountain lion. The Sierra Nevada hills are stunningly beautiful and we do not tire of exploring it!
- If you live here this is a place to share what you like about the area.
- If you plan to visit, this is your “Gateway to California’s Gold Country.”
- If you want to plan your own event the Mother Lode provides an absolutely beautiful setting.
- There are numerous rugged and scenic places to enjoy backpacking, biking, fishing, and some extreme whitewater rafting.
- Many locals explore these places from an off highway vehicle (such as an ATV, rock crawler or snowmobile).
- Have a relaxing day at a lake, in a fishing boat, kayak, or houseboat, or cut through the water on water skis!
The Mother Lode has an unbeatable combination of breathtaking scenery, thrilling activities, and relaxing hideaways to explore.