- Serving Size: 18 Muffins
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 20 minutes
I just received fresh zucchini from a friend’s garden! (Thanks Nate!)
Of course, there are dozens of recipes in which you could add fresh zucchini for dinner…But, here’s a muffin recipe using not only the zucchini but carrots too!!
These tasty zucchini muffins would also be delicious with about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, either in addition to the carrots or to replace them.
|1/2||cup||light or dark brown sugar, packed|
|1 1/2||cups||finely shredded unpeeled zucchini|
|1/2||cup||finely shredded carrot|
- Grease and flour 18 muffin cups. Heat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the oil with eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini and carrots.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full; Bake for 20 minutes.