- Servings: 8 – 10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 8-10 hrs
I have heard that if you leave the skin on the bird, you will get a moister chicken… a lot more fat, though. I only left the skin on the wings, but several people have told me that they’ve rubbed the spices on the meat under the skin and left skin on, the bird was juicier.
|1||4-5 lbs||whole chicken, *skinned|
|pinch||chili pepper (probably not necessary)|
|5-6||Potatoes, rinsed & wrapped in foil|
|4||whole garlic cloves (optional)|
|1||yellow onion, quartered (optional)|
- In a bowl, combine all of dried spices. Rub the spice mixture all over the bird, inside and out.
- If desired, shove 4 whole garlic cloves and a quartered onion inside the bird.
- Plop the bird breast-side down right on top of those foil wrapped potatoes
- Do not add water.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8 hours. The meat is done when it is fully cooked and has reached desired tenderness. The longer you cook it, the more tender the meat.