Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 40 minutes
For the many people working to manage their cholesterol levels with the help of their diet, including corn oil may provide important heart-health benefits.
|1||Tbsp||Mazola Corn Oil|
|1/2||cup||chopped bell pepper|
|1||jalapeño seeded and finely diced|
|1||quart||unsalted chicken OR vegetable broth|
|4||cups||sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|2||15 oz cans||no salt added diced tomatoes|
|1||15 oz can||no salt added OR reduced salt black beans, rinsed and drained|
|Garnish with green onions, chopped cilantro or sliced jalapeños|
1. Heat Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat and add oil. Add onion, bell and jalapeño peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are softened. Add chili powder and cumin and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until spices are aromatic.
2. Add chicken broth, sweet potatoes and garlic. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, quinoa, black beans and corn and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes and quinoa are tender.
3. Serve with fresh green onion, cilantro or jalapeños for garnish.