- Serves: 4 – 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 45 minutes
Potatoe soup is a yummy winter favorite!
|1 1/4||Tbsp||chicken broth|
|1/4||tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|1/3||cup||shredded cheddar cheese|
|4||tsp||thinly sliced green onions|
- Peel potatoes & pierce several times with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 10 minutes or until tender. Dice & cool slightly.
- While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; salt, and pepper. Stir in butter.
- Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Crumble bacon.
- Coarsely mash potatoes and mix into soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon if desired.