Ten Reasons Why
The Sonora Area Foundation closed out 2015 with the highest dollar amount of grants awarded to the community in a single year in our twenty five year history – just under $2.4 million in grants were awarded by the Foundation, including $265,000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors and continuing college and university students. Grants were awarded for just about any activity that you can think of, from human services to animals/environment, arts/culture to public benefit, education to health.
A big part of how we do this is through people like you who make an informed decision to give back to their community. So, let me give you ten reasons why people choose to give through the Sonora Area Foundation:
- We are a local, non-profit organization with deep roots in the community.
- Our professional staff has broad expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- Our Donor Advised Funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage under state and federal law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build funds that benefit the community forever, and help create personal legacies.
- We are a community catalyst, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.
Our next milestone is $25 million in grants awarded since 1990 – it will likely take a couple more years to achieve that one. But, if you see yourself in the above ten reasons and want to become part of the community of giving through the Sonora Area Foundation, Lin Freer, Cathi Nies or I would like for you to give us a call to talk about next steps.