A Twist on Thai Basil
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 30 minutes
Not long ago I wanted to try my hand at making Gai Pad Gra Pow also known as Chicken Basil a classic Thai recipe, that’s actually very easy to make…I accidentally used mint rather than basil, though…and was pleasantly surprised!
Here is my version. If you wish, replace the Mint with Basil, and you will have the traditional dish. (Another little trick I did for extra flavor…was to marinate the chicken slices (for 5-10 minutes) in a Thai seasoning that you can find at the grocery store, in a tube…near the fresh herbs.
|2-4||Minced chili peppers|
|1||Red Bell pepper, sliced thin|
|3-4||Green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1||Tbsp||big bunch of mint, (or Basil!) chopped|
|1||Chicken Breast, sliced thin|
|1||Tbsp||Thai seasoning (Optional…see above)|
- Prepare the chili peppers by, removing seeds and slice thin.
- Heat oil. Add garlic, peppers, onions sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add slices of chicken, cook quickly.
- Add sugar and fish sauce. Then add the mint (or Basil).
- Stir all together and serve immediately.
- Serve over hot rice.