Thai Cabbage Salad
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: N/A minutes
Here is a wonderful recipe from the collection by Myra Goodman in her book; Earthbound Cook, by Workman Publishing, New York
|About 8 oz||or 2 cups||red cabbage, thinly sliced|
|1.5 cups||or 2 medium||carrots, peeled & coursely chopped|
|1/2||cup||corsely chopped English Cucumber (seedless) peeled or unpeeled|
|3||Tbsp||finely diced jalapeno pepper|
|3||Tbsp||fresh chopped cilantro or mint|
|3||Tbsp||chopped fresh basil|
|2||Tbsp||fresh lime juicet|
|1/4||tsp||dried red pepper flakes|
|1||cup||dry-roasted peanuts (optional)|
- Place cabbage, cucumber, carrots, jalapeno, mint and basil in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine lime juice, oil, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes in a jar and seal the lid tightly. Shake!!!! (This vinaigrette can be refrigerated, covered for up to 1 week).
- Add 3/4 of the dressing to the cabbage mixture, and toss. Taste…Add more dressing if needed. Just before seving stir in peanuts, if using.