- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 1 hour
This time of year we are all baking and giving…this cake was baked & brought in to our office from our office manager Christine Ravely. Everyone loved it, I think you will too! (Thanks Christine!)
|2||sticks||unsalted butter softened|
|1/2||Tbsp||jam, optional (I used Mary Ellen Strawberry Jam)|
- Preheat oven to 350.Generously butter a 9 in Bundt pan and dust with flour.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt – set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add to the butter/sugar, one at a time: eggs, vanilla, sour cream
- Gently mix in the flour.
- If using jam, spoon 1/3 of the batter into the pan, dot the jam, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, cool for about 5 minutes and unmold onto rack and cool completely.
- Notes: I added 2 T of flour to the recipe for high altitude (I’m at 3900 ft) and it took the whole 70 minutes to bake. I also dusted the top with powdered sugar.