- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 30 minutes
This recipe was sent to me from a member of a group that loves to cook, eat and (best of all) share recipes…enjoy! It is yummy. I like to eat it with a big salad. Thanks Misti for the recipe!
|1||double duck breast (or chicken breast)|
|Juice from two oranges and zest from 1/2 an orange|
|decent sized glug||olive oil|
|small spoonful||mustard (brown is preferable)|
|sprinkle||white pepper (or black)|
|…To finish sauce:|
|Glug||white wine (if you have it on hand)|
**We use fig jam, but I am sure blackberry or raspberry would be tasty too.
- Put whole duck breasts in marinade and let sit for a half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- After marinating, scrape off excess marinade (so the garlic doesn’t burn)
- reserve marinade…
- Salt both sides of the duck and put duck skin side down into hot skillet.
- Brown on both sides. (about 3 minutes on each side)
- Transfer into a baking dish and put into oven.
- Cook until desired doneness – I like my duck on the pink side.
- If using chicken cook until juices run clear.
- While duck is in oven finish the sauce in the pan you were just cooking the duck in.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and scrape off brown bits.
- Pour in marinade, heat until bubbling gently and add spoonful of jam.
- Simmer over medium heat until thickened – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter and pour sauce over finished duck.