Maryanns Simple Swordfish Rolls!
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 8 minutes
This was UNBELIEVABLE and very easy!!!! Guests raved about them! You can roll them early in the day, then grill them or put them under the broiler for 3-4 minutes per side. Easy!!!
|1 1/2||lbs||Swordfish (see notes below)|
|2||Tbsp||chopped drained capers|
|1||large||garlic clove, minced|
|Salt & Pepper|
|2||Tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|measure||Lemon wedges for garnish|
- Place swordfish skin removed & cut into very thin slices between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound till it’s abou 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 2 X 3 inch pieces.
- In a bowl combine bread crumbs, caper, parsley, garlic and salt &pepper. Add 3 Tbl olive oil till crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Place a tbl of cumb mixture onto slice of fish, roll, and fasten with toothpick.
- Whisk together lemon juice & 1 Tbl olive oil. Brush each roll. Sprinkle any leftover crumb mixture on top each roll, patting it so that it adheres.
- Grill or broil the rolls for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they are browned and feel firm when pressed in the center (They should be slightly rare).
- Serve hot lemon wedges.